How do I cancel a sale?
First review the DOs & DON'Ts of Etsy under Transactions to be sure the order is eligible for cancellation.
If you'd like to leave Feedback, do so before canceling. The option to leave Feedback will not be available when your cancellation processes. If you have purchased an Etsy shipping label with insurance and need to file a claim, please do so before canceling your order. The ability to file a claim will not be available after the order is canceled.
If you cancel a transaction and there is no active quantity left you can renew it by going to Your Shop > Listings > Sold Out. If your item is sold out and you'd like to relist it, you may also do so directly from your Listings.
If your buyer paid via credit card or gift card directly on Etsy, you'll need to refund in full before you can cancel.
Each item listing within an order is considered its own transaction.
To cancel a transaction or order:
- Go to Your Shop > Sold Orders
- Find the order or transaction you need to cancel. Click Receipt for # above the transaction info.
- If your order was paid via direct checkout, in the Order section of the receipt page, let your mouse hover over Manage order and click Cancel transaction.
- If your order was paid for via another payment method, in the Order section of the receipt page, click Cancel a transaction.
- Fill out the form to request cancellation of some or all transactions within the order. Etsy will send a notice to both you and the buyer by email.
Cancellations process within 48 hours. Your Etsy bill will be credited for the applicable fees, and the transaction will move to the Canceled tab on your Sold Orders page.
You'll receive a receipt from Etsy by email when your cancellation is processed.